Wow, this can be a tough decision. You have so many options out there in the marketplace right now. Lets talk about the best way to go about it so that you can determine what will work for you or your family.
First Step: Write it down. Like any goal, write down what you want. 4wd, Suv, Car, front wheel drive, pickup, wagon etc.
Now that you have narrowed it down to what you want, lets take a look at your options. Here are some questions to ask yourself.
1. Do I have a trade in? If yes, how much is it worth? Go to Kelly Blue Book to determine an estimate of the value.
2. What type of credit do I need to get a vehicle? (do you know what your credit is like?) go to Annual Credit Report this is a free service provided by law.
3. Do you want to finance the new one or pay cash?
4. What to do if you owe more than your trade is worth? (negative equity)
5. Learn a little about the market, go to Auto Trader
6. Find a reputable Salesperson at a good dealership. I can help!
7. Go shopping.
8. Keep your options open don’t commit to the first one you see unless you think it is the right vehicle for you.
9. Work out your best deal that you can, just remember a dealership has to make a profit to stay in business.
10. Hopefully these tidbits help you when you begin your shopping here in Rapid City.
If you would like to call me to set up a time to get together and learn more about what I can do for you when it comes to getting your next car don’t hesitate to call me personally.
Toyota of the Black Hills